Friday, August 18, 2017

THE TOPOGRAPHY OF TEARS



A loyal and obviously deeply intelligent reader, Miss Molly Walchuk, recently sent this link to a piece about a book called The Topography of Tears. You have GOT to take a look.

Here are some scenes from my travels about New England (to be continued) this past week-plus.

On some level, I've been crying the whole time.


FULLER GARDENS,
RYE BEACH, NH.
THANK YOU TO COUSIN DICKIE, LITTLE BROTHER TIM, AND MINDY FULLER.

RYE BEACH. NH.
NOTE TO TOWN PLANNING BOARD/POLICE;
JOIN WITH NORTH HAMPTON, AND LET US GRATEFUL VISITORS
LEAVE OUR CARS ON CAUSEWAY STREET.
THAT PARKING TICKET WAS MEAN!
COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR TO A NATIVE DAUGHTER! 
 


 
EASTERN PROMENADE,
PORTLAND, ME.
THANKS TO BONNIE BLYTHE, DANIEL,
AND THE SAHARA CLUB FOR A WARM WELCOME!



QUEEN ANNE'S LACE
ALONG WITH MILKWEED AND GOLDENROD
THESE GRACE THE BANKS OF SEEMINGLY EVERY BACK VERMONT ROAD. 
 


HARDWICK, VT
THREE TINY ALREADY FALLEN APPLES BY THE SIDE OF MAIN ST.
TEARS OF STRANGLED JOY: WINTER IS COMING.
THANK YOU ALTOON SULTAN FOR A TRULY BEAUTIFUL VISIT TO GROTON. 



4 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful image memories of your eastern trip. Such a joy to see you on Mount Ara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Altoon! Our visit was such a blessed oasis, as you say, a joy. I've been tending my plants and re-settling in since my return and still want to write a little recap of my 2 weeks in New England...my old camera finally died so I have splurged 200 bucks on a new one! We are all so grateful for your own photos, and the life, discipline and love that go into them...Thank you always for your generosity and friendship.

      Delete
  2. Queen Anne's Lace is very common in the northeast, so it can be under-appreciated. I like the way the whole umbel of flowers closes up into a ball when it goes to seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Every flower could have its own 24/7 documentarian...I never tire of the mysteries and i am convinced flowers have "moods"...

      Delete

I WELCOME your comments!!!