Tuesday, July 19, 2016

WHEN I'M 64

My new Jesus statue (his nose is broken), courtesy of Boston's one and only Mary the Hairdresser, a living saint.
She gave me a bag of pistachios, too.
Cards on either side also from living saints--I know many.


That would be today!

Here's an insert I received in a card from a dear friend--oh hell, ALL my friends are living saints:

BLESSING

Desire, longing, and yearning;
Hunger hankering and ache:
May you know the presence
Of the God
Who makes a home
In each of these. 

I hope all your friends are, too.

Thanks to each and every one of my readers for lighting the way and making life worth living.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Heather. I hope there is lots of cake. May God bless you.
    Sincerely,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Heather-many blessings for the coming year and thank you for your witness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Mary Sylvia, from Parched ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, good eye, Bill M! You bet Mary is Sylvia from Parched! She is 78, still cutting people's hair, walks to daily Mass at St. Anthony's, distributes food to the homeless, and knows EVERYBODY. We were walking down Washington St. in the middle of downtown Boston, jammed at lunch hour, and I hear someone yell, "Mary!" I look over--it's the mailman. Anyway, yeah, she bequeathed one of her many Jesus statues to me. He came back to LA wrapped in a dishcloth, placed carefully in my suitcase. Along with a night-blooming cereus cutting--but that's another story...

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Enjoy the video/song :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uk2LkW2tm8

    One of my favorite Beatles songs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice Carey! I'm celebrating with a big bday bbq bash this weekend--

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! Keep shining! Antonio-RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahwwe, what a lovely insert. Thank you for passing its message along to all of us. So much love to you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahwwe, what a lovely insert. Thank you for passing its message along to all of us. So much love to you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!