Wednesday, July 13, 2016

EXFOLIATION ADVENTURES








I find as I age I become more and more impatient of time spent grooming. Not that I'm a complete slob, and of course I'm terribly vain, but for instance, I've taken to cutting my own hair, with a pair of kitchen shears.

It looks fine, or just as fine as it ever did.

That my eyesight isn't what it once was probably exacerbates things. Anyway, last week I bought a travel size what I thought was skin cream at a CVS in Manhattan and slathered it all over my face for a few days and nights, thinking, Man does this stuff smell gnarly!

Sunday as I was leaving Manhattan for Lake George I realized that all around my right eye felt as if it had been burnt. That's weird, I thought. Then yesterday I woke and my whole face felt tight, like I'd applied an egg white mask. My hand crept up, and--People! My skin felt like sandpaper, as if I'd sustained second degree burns all around my eyes and mouth. Wow, had I been  out in the sun too long? Then I though to read the label of my "lotion" more closely and saw I'd been applying Olay Ultra Moisture BODY WASH.

I practically needed a can of shortening to remedy the situation.

After layering on about an inch of generic Pond's, the chemical peel seems complete, and thrillingly large chunks of facial skin are drying up and flaking off.

I really should look in the mirror and at the fine print more often. But hey, I'm busy working!

TWO ROADS DIVERGED IN A YELLOW WOOD.
FRIDAY I'LL TAKE THE ONE LEADING BACK TO LA.



4 comments:

  1. Count your blessings. You could have mistaken Loctite for eyedrops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels, Heather. Have enjoyed your nature shots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mistakes happen - many years ago I woke with chronic sinusitis and reached for what I thought was a nasal spray only to squirt ear drops in my nose which caused instant full wakefulness accompanied by very a unpleasant sensation in my nasal passages. Anyway we're supposed to learn from our mistakes - looking at the world today I seriously doubt it.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!