Saturday, October 3, 2015

ROME: RIVER WALK

 
I know we've adapted the idea to some of our own cities-San Antonio, Sioux Falls, New York--but who knew the original river walk was along the Tiber?

My first night in Rome, I walked along it myself for a bit. My Campo de' Fiori studio, heaven on earth btw, is a long block from the Ponte Sisto, one of Rome's many beautiful bridges.

I instantly saw you can walk along below and that not many people do. (I also learned you want to walk along the south/west side of the river. On the other side are homeless encampments where people poo on the ancient brick sidewalk and did not seem terribly overjoyed at my presence).

Anyway, I was jet-lagged beyond belief but managed to stagger down at twilight and mingle as who would want to miss even a minute of the wonder?





 
 

 


3 comments:

  1. Thrilled to see you have arrived safely in Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather, it is Luca. I hope you are good. Glad to see that you are in Rome. My sister is there too for the Mass tomorrow. I could send her to say you "Hi"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. Wow, you are in Rome!!!! Eat some tiramisu gelato for me. I'm sending blessings to you for an inspiring trip....Karin

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!