Friday, June 5, 2015

VISTA HERMOSA URBAN PARK















FORGIVE ME FOR RUNNING SOME OF THESE AGAIN FROM A RECENT POST
BUT THEY'RE SO DARN PRETTY AND WERE ALL TAKEN IN THE PARK
This week's arts and culture column is on a primo urban park I stumbled across recently. I'm no longer staying in Angelino Heights but other than that, every word is true!

Here's how the piece begins:

"I’ve been staying in Angelino Heights for a bit, just west of Downtown.

As you may know, Angelino Heights is known for its well-preserved Victorian homes, concentrated on Carroll Avenue and Kellam Street. I’ve been in a courtyard complex of more recent, though pleasingly shabby, vintage.

I love exploring a new neighborhood on foot. Mass at the Downtown Cathedral is a half-hour stroll. I struck up a conversation with the guy in a wheelchair who hangs out in front of the CVS on Beaudry and bought him a bottle of anti-itch scalp spray. I remembered hearing of an urban park in the area called Vista Hermosa."

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous! Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula, pray for us!

    I cherish the lovely litany in which each invocation or anamnesis begins with "I learned ..."

    And I smiled broadly at cowboy cologne.

    Almost felt as if I were there!

    Bless Lorenzo, and bless the chap in front of the CVS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and accompanying article. This Philly boy really needs to visit Los Angeles one day! Continued blessings, Heather.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!