Tuesday, April 21, 2015

SPRING--AND THE GREAT BLUE HERON RETURNS



Oh there is much to do each day! The admin, the errands, the personal grooming, the moving of the car for street sweeping, the deadlines, the apartment search, the emails.

It was only yesterday afternoon, on my walk, that I put it all together; the overflowing, insane grace of the last couple of days.

From Combermere, Ontario:

"The Great Blue Heron came back  yesterday."

"It is a good rainy spring day with Buffle Heads  ( a little mostly white diving duck) swimming in the marsh."

From the Seattle area:

"I wish you could see how Spring exploded this week.  New flowers and greenery everywhere!  Lots of beautiful Eastertide sunshine.  You would love it, I think."

From Schwenksville, PA:


"Every day there is something new to look at here. Not like winter, when every day there is something new but worse. Today, the most magical was thousands of mining bees emerging from the ground. They looked like they were just hatching, flying all crooked and wobbly. A few were peeking their heads out of the holes, not quite sure if they were ready for the outside world. I know how they feel!!"

From Groton VT: 

"A lone beauty blooming: Iris reticulata "Katharine Hodgkin".
She's a mere 3 inches tall."

and

"There's a red haze in the landscape as the tree buds swell."

Then---news from a friend that his wife had just given birth to a baby girl.

"Heather why do good things keep happening to me?" he asked.






SCENES FROM HORN CANYON, OJAI, CA WHERE I HIKED LAST WEEK.
NO SOY DIGNO ...
LORD, I AM NOT WORTHY THAT YOU SHOULD ENTER UNDER MY ROOF,
BUT ONLY SAY THE WORD AND I SHALL BE HEALED...


2 comments:

  1. Great Blue Herons are always a great sight , as are little green ones, and all of the migrating spring duck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the most beautiful sunrise this morning as I was driving to Mass. God is always showing us how much He loves us, isn't he?!

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!