Monday, March 23, 2015

I HEART SEATTLE


I SO WANT TO LIVE HERE! A MOSS-COVERED WINDOWLESS CABIN IN A GLEN.
LOOK, EVEN THE CHIMNEY HAS MOSS ON TOP OF IT!
Oh my God, who knew? People, there is a whole beautiful part of our country known as the Pacific Northwest.

In it, everything is covered in moss!




7th  STATION OF THE CROSS


TWO WEEKS AGO I WAS I PALM SPRINGS.
I FEEL LIKE I'VE GONE FROM THE DRYEST PLACE ON EARTH TO THE WETTEST.
Eighty-five women and I had a stellar retreat over the weekend. Seldom have I felt such responsivity--is that a word; responsiveness?--and warmth.

I'm here for a week, during which I'll explore downtown and at least one of the islands (Vashon), and possibly Bainbridge as well.

But today I'm going to rest. Today I'm going to wander among the trees, walk down to the nearby bird sanctuary, and drink in the quiet


MOSS, MOSS, THAT WILL MAKE THEM SLEEP...
MOSS...

7 comments:

  1. These photos give rest to my eyes, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending the weekend with you and all the other beautiful, amazing, courageous women, was just what I needed. I relate to you and your life on so many levels…..I too, recharge in solitude, dis-like people (most of the time) and I never feel lonely when I'm alone. But I can feel the most lonely when I'm with other people. You have given me a gift……the courage to start writing! At 52, I think I'm past my "prime" - but I will begin with baby steps and see where it takes me. God bless you always on your continued journey…and I hope our paths will cross again. Blessings - Renee W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee I think you were in my small group--I didn't get the chance to exchange emails. Contact me (if you like) through Google. --Melissa J.

      Delete
  3. One weekend was not enough. Wish it could have been longer. Thank you for the time we all had together. Today I will say "No". Enjoy your time in the Northwest, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish to add my thanks as well. It was a phenomenal weekend in every sense of the word. God bless you and keep you, Heather, and thank you for teaching 'love over fear'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought to myself, "You will love Seattle." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it is so beautiful! I just love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!