Friday, January 23, 2015

LET ME BE A MYSTIC-COMIC!

I FOUND A LITTLE ROGUE STAND OF THIS PLANT FORCING ITSELF
THROUGH THE BACKYARD FENCE FROM NEXT DOOR
YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.
HERE'S A SPRIG OF IT IN THE MORNING LIGHT.

Hi there, folks. What a time. It's week seven or eight of the jackhammers, drills and saws but a new day is dawning. A new day is always dawning. I have made friends and learned the life stories of Tony and Mark, two of the workers, and filched some potting soil from the ten-foot long trailer of dirt and trash in the driveway.

My roommate Jacqui and I (my next book should be called The Roommate) have re-bonded and one of the things to come out of our little set-to (which we later laughed our rear ends off over, plus I showed her the post and she loved it) is that if and when I move back here in May, I will make the little free-standing studio (pix to follow) in the back yard into my office (aka 12-hour-a-day home).

To have my own little place to which I can shut the door, gaze out the window at the birds, and write is just what I need and would be heaven. Remind me to extrapolate soon about my life-long pattern of always having an incredibly great space in which that also always has at least one MAJOR drawback. The insistence upon being in at least 30% discomfort at any given time may be hard-wired into my system, I don't know.

Anyway, here's an interview, in which I use the world "just" approximately 200 times too many, that Anna Weaver worked up for Northwest Catholic. It's called "On Fire for the Light" and is a kind of entree into the Women's Retreat I'll be leading in Seattle March 20-22nd (waiting list only at this point).

For the next few days, I'll be packing and moving. Fun!

Have a great weekend yourselves.

WALKING FROM CAR TO DISNEY HALL LAST NIGHT
TO HEAR EMMANUEL AX AND THE LA PHIL.
WAIT'LL I POST MY "GRAND PARK" SERIES. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WELCOME your comments!!!