Saturday, November 1, 2014

TIME FLIES, ETERNITY DWELLS: ALL SAINTS AND TURNING BACK THE CLOCK


As we celebrate the stellar double bill of All Saints/All Souls, and "fall back" for Daylight Savings Time, here's the link to a piece called "The Unusual Pilgrims" by reader Carrie Bucalo.

The piece is about the consecration of our humblest daily tasks and  touched my heart when I read it in the middle of the night recently.

It's been unseasonably warm in Los Angeles, but this morning I dragged out the space heater and the down comforter.

Yesterday afternoon, I spent a little time at the Norton Simon Museum.

In the Sculpture Garden afterward, I felt the first chill of winter.

And the sky was leaden, forecasting the rain that came in the night.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the Carrie Bucalo link. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!