Tuesday, August 5, 2014

PARCHED IS BACK IN PRINT


A few years ago PARCHED, my beloved first book, was cruelly remaindered. Meaning the sales weren't high enough to keep it in print, and folks could therefore only buy the book used.

I myself bought 300 copies or so but sold them all at talks, readings, and other events. Even I didn't have my own paperback copy anymore!

I kept badgering New American Library, the publisher, to give me the rights back, but the ebook sales were high enough so that time after time, they said no.

And now--darned if they haven't done it!!

So for the many hundreds of thousands of you who have barely been able to eat or sleep, you can relax, log on to amazon, and purchase a brand new copy of PARCHED. $13.01 plus super shipping on orders over $35.

Sin, redemption, rehab. My tragicomic drinking story, in living color. It'll probably always be the favorite of my books.

For an excerpt, CLICK HERE.


8 comments:

  1. Cool, I can't wait to read it! I love to hear people's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a total cliché to say "I laughed and I cried" -- but I did! How many books can do that?

    Congrats on a well-deserved reissue, H.

    -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my favorite book too. I have a signed copy! Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! I got a remaindered copy and was thrilled. On my flight cross-country this past week I read "Stripped," and now am reading "Shirt of Flame," on Kindle. Gave my daughter a copy of "Shirt of Flame," for her birthday last year, and will probably be giving one to another daughter this year. After finishing SOF, , I'll be all caught up on my Heather King books. I hope you have another book out soon - and I hope this new release sells like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered it on kindle. I am engrossed in your story, totally pulled in. Thanks for your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Book! -for me it is helping that I not judge others and myself as much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, folks! It is really a thrill to know people can buy a new copy if the spirit moves.

    And yes, I do have a new book coming out from Franciscan Media next Feb. or so. It's called STUMBLE: Vice, Virtue, and the Space In Between (I think. Or something close to it). And I have another couple (at least) of books in the works.

    Anyway, I so appreciate the support. This is my last day in Vermont--I drive to Logan in Boston tomorrow for the flight home and I will be glad to be very, very glad to be back in my home cell. Thanks for accompanying me on the journey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You, Lord!
    Darned if You haven't done it, once again!

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!