Saturday, August 16, 2014

ANNE FRANK AT L.A.'S MUSEUM OF TOLERANCE



As you may know, I write a weekly column on arts, culture, faith and life for The Tidings, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of L.A.

This week's begins:

"I first bought The Diary of Anne Frank for a dime at a church rummage sale in North Hampton, New Hampshire. I was 10, and when I finished, I went around for weeks thinking, I can’t believe they killed her. That Nazi death camp was my first introduction to real evil. I’m not over it yet. I hope I never will be.

The Museum of Tolerance recently opened a new interactive exhibit, called simply “Anne,” billed as “a 60-minute experience” that “brings Anne’s story to life through immersive environments, multimedia presentations and intriguing displays.”

Along the entrance hallway, a blown-up photo of Anne faces a window giving on to the Hollywood Hills. She loved the movies and always longed to see where they were made. At last, her wish has come true"...

READ THE WHOLE PIECE HERE.

MORE INFO ON THE EXHIBIT.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I WELCOME your comments!!!