Wednesday, July 23, 2014

BIG LIFE





"What is it with these people who go around saying, “My life is FABulous. I have a BIG LIFE.” As my friend Josh says: "What are you, a foreign dignitary? Are you a sheik?"

My friend Lisa has a slightly different take on such folks: "You have a BIG LIFE? Well, get away from me, then, cause you’re in the way of my teeny, cramped life of struggle, loneliness, and pain!"




I PAID MY CAR INSURANCE AND RAN THE CARPET SWEEPER AROUND MY ROOM TODAY.
DOES THAT QUALIFY AS BIG?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and moving, Heather. And dear Miss Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the top two pics, --you do way tooooo many flowers, which I admit, alas, are growing on me. Not good for a guy who was raised in Chicago (we're so ridiculous we aren't even supposed to zip our jackets in winter when it's 10 below). But my daughter Therese who, not oddly, LOVES flowers, noticed last week that I was noticing the flowers she was picking and those we saw on the hike more than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your Aleteia article and it is the first one that I completely disagree with you on.
    I think Big Life is defined by muscle size and tone: my left bicep, at full flex, is almost 11 inches

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!