Thursday, May 1, 2014

TRAVELS



I'm setting off today for three weeks of travel.

Saturday morning, I'll give a couple of talks at the Cathedral in St. Paul, Minnesota where the temp. is hovering around 40 degrees and I will get to wear my winter coat, scarf and gloves. In May. What fun!

From there, I go next Monday to Combermere, Ontario, which if St. Paul is cold, is probably like the tundra. I'll get to meet the community at Madonna House, founded by one of my spiritual heroes and mentors, Catherine de Hueck Doherty. I'll give a talk, open to the public, on:

May 9, 2014, Friday, 7 p.m.
St. Hedwig's Church
35 Karol Woytyla Square,
Barry's Bay, ON K0J 1B0, Canada
613.756.2243

I'll then lead a women-in-recovery "Serenity Retreat" from May 16th to 18th at the Malvern Retreat House outside Philadelphia.

THEN I have treated myself to a couple of full days in downtown Philadelphia, a city that will be new to me. Good strolling weather to explore the museums, churches, city squares, flora, fauna, and coffeehouses.


hi I'm frightened and lost.
where is everybody?...

5 comments:

  1. Traveling mercies, dear Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know of my prayers for you and those you will encounter on your upcoming journeys, Heather. As a native Philadelphian, I hope you will find the beauty there as you do in L.A. Please treat yourself and visit the Barnes Foundation, the St. John Neumann Shrine, the Basilica, head-out into the suburbs near the Brandywine Valley ... and eat, of course! So much incredible food to be had. If you need a tour guide, give me a yell! God's peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! We missed you in Guelph by days last year and we will miss you again by 7 hours travel too many. We are blessed to have a Madonna House field house in our city though, where I have made two Poustina stays - too long ago though and need to visit again soon. God bless your travels and speaking and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather I enjoy your blog very much and so happy that you can visit Madonna House and connect in a deeper way with Catherine Doherty. She is my spiritual hero too. The refection in the Magnificat was excellent. I will pray for you and please say a prayer for me when you are there. We need her wisdom and intercession! Grace and Peace Marlane P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, folks, I have arrived safely in Combermere, enjoying silence and solitude a twenty-minute walk from Madonna House. Mass later...Very grateful.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!