Thursday, December 19, 2013

THE L.A. ARBORETUM




We're enjoying our annual "five days of winter," as my gardener friend Judy puts it. The other day, in the rain, I visited the L.A. Arboretum

It was cold, raining, and quiet. The very few folks wandering the 125 acre-grounds besides me were swaddled in down parkas and scarves.



















Wanderer, your footsteps are
the road, and nothing more;
wanderer, there is no road,
the road is made by walking.

By walking one makes the road,
and upon glancing back
one sees the path
that must never be trod again.

--ANTONIO MACHADO (1875-1939)


6 comments:

  1. The Arboretum is great! My old stomping grounds and my mom still lives a few blocks from there. My kids always loved the "Fantasy Island" Queen Anne Cottage and the peacocks. Such a beautiful, tranquil place to take a stroll. Great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recognizing that pictures never capture the essence of the world I am stunned, blown away, by these. How vibrant the colors, how shapely the designs. Oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Heather. That's all... just lovely! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I mean kill my wayward will, my fear, my resistance, my doubt, my defiance. But mostly my fear."

    Every day I wish this. Every. Single. Day. Indeed, it is as if I cling to the fear with the subconscious thought that it is all I have left of me. I pray for you, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!