Saturday, November 30, 2013

BLOWING OPEN THE DOORS: THE FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT



An  email from a young friend in New Orleans.

Heather you have blown open the doors to an entirely new dimension of Christian living that I never knew existed. You have made real for me the fact that life is Christ. That Christ is in all: the good, the bad, the badder; the sunrise, the sunset, the overcast; the priest, the professor, the prostitute; the consolation, the desolation, the confusion; the chapel, the workplace, the bathroom. We have a God who got his hands dirty, and I have always been too scandalized by that mystery to truly accept it, along with all its ramifications in my life. Because accepting it meant that I couldn't quarantine Christ anymore to the fragmented parts of my heart, to the minutes in the chapel, or to the beads on my rosary. No, He truly wants ALL of me, ALL of my humanity. And this is WILD! and THIS fact had BLOWN UP my entire worldview and my every minute of living in this world! So, thanks for your life and your presence in this world, it certainly makes my life much brighter and my view much broader, which is a pure gift. And thanks to Him who made it all, who paid it all, and who bade it all good.

Peace be yours today my friend!




CHRISTMAS LIGHTS,
REFLECTED THROUGH VARIOUS WINDOWS IN MY ROOM

2 comments:

  1. Quarantine Christ--many of us try to do that! Myself included! But yes, Christ wants to, and does, include everything and everyone: the badder, the baddest, and the overcast, and the downcast! Your friend writes with a certain flair-- May God bless him, and you, this Advent. O come Emmanuel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is right. I think you and Pope Francis are kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!