Friday, October 18, 2013

BEYOND MEDS


SUNSET BOULEVARD, SILVER LAKE

Mental health is always an issue of interest.

I have never taken psych meds myself but totally sympathize with those who do/must, and also applaud the effort to look for alternatives.

Beyond Meds: Alternatives to Psychiatry is a blog to explore.

“Take me out to Cypress Hill in my car. And we’ll hear the dead people talk. They do talk there. They chatter like birds on Cypress Hill, but all they say is one word and that one word is “live,” they say “Live, live, live, live, live!’” It’s all they’ve learned, it’s the only advice they can give. Just live. Simple! A very simple instruction…”

- from ‘Orpheus Descending’, Tennessee Williams

HAPPY PRE-HALLOWEEN



1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    Thank you for your post. Mental Health is a huge stigma and it needs to be addressed. It's the judgement that is a problem. I have taken anti-deppressants at a point in my life. It was necessary and it worked..just like antibiotics when when you have strep throat. Right? Not really, even in the medical profession there is prejudice against mental illness. Many time substance abuse issues are a result of undiagnosed mental illness..I know first hand. Thank you for writing about this.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!