Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WHAT DO OUR SOULS TREASURE?

HUGE FLORET I ACCIDENTALLY KNOCKED OFF PLANT IN GARDEN
AND COULDN'T BRING MYSELF TO THROW OUT.
CHIPPED LILY-OF-THE-VALLEY ROSEVILLE VASE
I BOUGHT YEARS AGO AT A YARD SALE FOR A BUCK.

NEW PURCHASE (LACMA GIFT SHOP):
A LITTLE GLASS TRAY TO FERRY MY COFFEE, TEA, AND
SNACKS TO AND FROM THE KITCHEN
NORTON SIMON MUSEUM GIFT STORE:
CLAY COASTER WITH TULIP
BY UNKNOWN DUTCH ARTIST, 17TH CENTURY

“If metal is immortal, then somewhere
there lies the burnished button I lost
upon my seventh birthday in a garden.
Find me that button and my soul will know
that very soul is saved and stored and treasured.”



STAR-GAZER LILIES..

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Heather: Love that poem!! You are coming to my neck of the woods, Texas at least. I am hoping your conference goes well and you enjoy your time in San Antonio. It is a great city and do not miss the River Walk!!

    Your chipped lily-of-the-valley vase reminds me of my mom's swan vase that no one seems to know what happened to since her death! She put gardenias and magnolia flowers in it during those seasons and the smell in the house was scrumptious.

    So glad you did put your accidental gift in that beautiful vase!!!!! I'll be praying for your journey.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!