Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WILDCAT ROAD


EARLY MORN VIEW from my porch
AS SUN COMES OVER THE MOUNTAIN
Here are some scenes from the 30-mile trip I took along the Pacific and over the hills from the teeny town of Petrolia to the slightly larger town of Ferndale.









FERNDALE IS KNOWN FOR ITS VICTORIAN HOUSES
BUT I WAS MORE CAPTIVATED BY THE CEMETERY.
BELOW ARE PIX FROM THE WAY BACK. 











youtube of, as the guy who made it said, this epic road...






SCENES FROM THE
Petrolia (aka Lost) Inn 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed these photos! Ferndale looks like a romantic and intriguing town. Love the cows right next to the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so happy that you are happy. The scenery is spiritual and cleansing. And as usual your photos are mesmerizing.--Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I was just reminiscing about the Pacific Coast (OR).
    Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that front porch in Petrolia! Wow, and the flowers. You are having a spacial time. Few women these days seem to get to go on long lone road trips - few people generally. Enjoy it, and we would never desert you on your "vacation". Look forward to hearing monastery news ...

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!