Saturday, July 20, 2013

POST-MORTEM


I have been having way too much fun lately.

I had a truly lovely birthday. My friend Maudie (see previous post) shot the pic above of the Kokuho Rose Brown Rice Bowl: Sorrel Pesto (nut free), Preserved Meyer Lemon, Lacto Fermented Hot Sauce, Black Radish, French Sheep Feta, Poached Egg (7.25). 

At the Norton Simon Museum later, as I always do when there I visited Van Gogh's "The Mulberry Tree," which he painted in between time at the asylum and cutting off his ear (he committed suicide eight months later). 

I perused "Beyond Brancusi: The Space of Sculpture." 

At the museum store, I bought two coasters painted with Dutch tulips.

And before hearing Beethoven's Op. 131, I enjoyed a halcyon interlude wandering the grounds. Which include a large pond dotted with--thank you, God--water lilies. 













6 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I have slow loading for your blog on windows 7. Even after it loads, it won't scroll or respond properly. I thought it was my laptop. I find it easier to read your posts via my email subscription. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah, have heard from some other folks and the mystery continues. For no apparent reason, some folks have trouble (with or w/o Windows 7) and others none at all...a couple of folks have said they had the best luck subscribing via email which fyi to all you can easily do via the RSS icon at the very top of the page, right.

    Thanks for the b'day greetings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here via the article you wrote for this month's Magnificat, thanks to my two oldest granddaughters who got me a subscription for Christmas. I am thankful for their generosity. And I'm thankful to be here on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a faithful reader, using Windows 7. No problems here. Perhaps it is their browser. I'm using Firefox. Happy belated birthday, Heather. I've read two of your books and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Heather: Greetings from Texas. I have Windows 7 and have not had any trouble whatsoever loading your blog. It is delightful and an unexpected surprise each time I read your entires.

    Today I read your beautiful meditation in Magnificat about Mary Magdelene and once again, Heather, I am brought to tears. You have this way . . . I thought that I was always the one seeing God in the simple, abject, redbird, crazy grocery store encounter, 911 experiences and then I met you. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. Thanks for letting me know that when someone listens to my story with that glazed-over look in my eye that the experience was just for me from HIM and then shared it is only for those who know HIM. You have renewed my faith in the unseen saint, the uninvited guest and the holy of holys (holies) right in my own backyard! Blessings and thanks for sharing the birthday lunch!! What a day, huh? Yeah, 61 isn't so bad. Wait til you're 70 like me. Then when you go to your special lunch and museum and listen to your favorite music, you'll savor every moment and hang onto it differently than you did now at 61. Keep on keepin' on, my friend. You are a gem.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!