Friday, November 2, 2012

MAGNIFICAT DAY OF FAITH


Hi there folks. I'm headed out tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon (I have to teach in the morn which to may chagrin means I'm gonna miss the free lunch) to Orange County and the Magnificat Day of Faith at the Crystal Cathedral, which apparently they are now calling the Future Christ Cathedral.

The place looks kind of scary, doesn't it? I mean is it a football stadium or a church? Nonetheless, the good fathers seem to have things firmly in hand and I can only pray not to get lost in the parking lot.



Fr. Peter Cameron, editor-in-chief of Magnificat, will be there, which is very exciting as we've yet to meet in the flesh. My friend Rita Simmonds, also from NYC (in her case Brooklyn) checked in via phone Fri. night  to report that the flight was fine and she was safely ensconced in Garden Grove (I think she might have called it Grove Garden, or possibly Orange Grove--those wacky Easterners!).

I would personally like to extend a warm welcome to all the New York folk who have had a rough, rough week and then a long day of travel. We are thrilled to have you in Southern California! Ubi caritas et amor.

MONTROSE VILLAGE, L.A. COUNTY
LATE AFTERNOON

4 comments:

  1. What a big day! I hope you also get to meet my dear friend Paul Snatchko, who is the Marketing Manager for Magnificat. (allowing for amazing aliteration!) Prayers for all - have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather:

    Father Peter was very generous to me when I was working at Traces, and even afterward. He is a wonderful man, so I am happy that you are finally getting to meet him. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks when he will be leading an advent retreat. I'm also glad Rita made it safe. She always has a wonderful smile. If you haven't met Chris Vath yet, please make sure you do so, if you can. Enjoy the day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got such a kick out of seeing that you'd written some of the Magnificat Year of Faith Companion essays and was wondering if you were there with us yesterday. It was my first time at the Crystal Cathedral, too, and I was pleased with the parking (no more difficult than my local church) and very impressed with the way everything was set up. The CC was nicer than I expected and I loved the way they'd decorated it-- but Magnificat is always a class act. Great music, great speakers, and a worthy inaugural event for the future Christ Cathedral.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!