Saturday, March 31, 2012

A REVIEW FROM MT. ST. MARY'S, MORAGA, CALIFORNIA


Now here is the kind of e-mail I like to receive:

Dear Ms. King,

My name is Brother Charles Hilken, F.S.C., and I am a history professor at Saint Mary's College in Moraga, California, as well as the chair of the Bishop John S. Cummins Institute for Catholic Thought, Culture, and Action. Recently I published a book review of your work on Saint Therese and would like to share it with you. It is on the last page of the journal attached here as a pdf. I had the occasion to purchase the book for the mother of my godson at Christmas and was so taken by its topic that I got a copy for myself as well. After reading your book in January I wanted to share its content with the readership of our journal. Hence the review. Please accept it with my gratitude for a beautiful addition to Catholic spiritual reading.

Brother Charles


Isn't that nice?

You can read the review at Veritas: Deepening Appreciation of Beauty, Wisdom, Vitality & Diversity of the Catholic Church. Click here and look for Vol. 4, No. 2, 2012 [last page]

4 comments:

  1. I just recently finished reading Shirt of Flame: A Year with St. Therese of Lisieux.

    I read it in 20minute intervals while my husband was getting his radiation therapy. The prayers at the end of each chapter are amazing, they really bring to life the living out my faith which is always a strugle for me.

    I purchased the book for my Kindle but, I think this is one I would like to have the hard copy.
    You did a great job of bringing St. Threse to life.

    St. Therese's little way is not as easy as it sounds, but something I'm striving to live out in my own life.

    I enjoy your writing,

    Jacque Buntin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your books. I'm almost through with Shirt of Flame and it's amazing to me sometimes how I identify so much with many of the things you say, even though we have had very different lives. I just "happened" to start reading this book at a time when St. Therese has started turning up in every direction. Sometimes I think she's nagging me.

    I quoted something from Redeemed on my blog today and recommended your books, so since I have, oh, at least 20 readers, I'm sure your fortune is made. I hope to write a review for the blog soon, but at the moment I'm in the middle of writing about the Stations of the Cross which has turned out to be much more of a project than I expected.

    AMDG,
    Janet Cupo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your book. It's great. I've not had any luck with the download from Veritas. It's a docx file and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to read it on my computer.
    -Mike Demers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, I read the review and agree heartily. Makes me want to read it again which I will very soon, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!