Tuesday, December 20, 2011

POINSETTIAS ET CETERA

LIQUIDAMBAR TREE
GOLDEN GATE AVENUE
Here are some purty things I saw on the other morning as I walked through the great town of Silver Lake, California.

Those last three are of a poinsettia growing in the front yard of a house across the street and a little down from my place. When I first moved to L.A., I literally believed poinsettias only grew in ten-inch plastic pots wrapped in red or gold tinfoil. No indeedy! They are an actual tree which you tend to see growing in old-fashioned yards in and about the Southland. As you can see, they are beautiful, and to confine them to a tiny pot is at least partway sacrilegious.

BIRDS ON TOP OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI CHURCH
NEED I SAY MORE?
"RED-HOT POKERS"
IN THE ALLEY SOUTH OF THE TROPICAL CAFE
YELLOW FLOWER WITH DELICATE PODS



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

4 comments:

  1. Love those pics. Made my whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Heather! You are a joy.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will towed/citaded at your own?

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!