Friday, November 4, 2011

HEP ME NOT TO BE SO MEAN


From a reader:

Let me show kindness to the bully because I have been the bully myself.
Let me freely give a dollar to those who ask, because I have known the fear of poverty.
Let me hold my tongue because I have been the victim of gossip.
Let me sit listening in silence, because I have given my opinions on far too many things.
Let me give to others the very things I have prayed for myself.


Or as the 12-year old girl, known only as "the child" in Flannery O'Connor's "A Temple of the Holy Ghost" prays:

"Hep me not to be so mean. Hep me not to give her [the mother] so much sass. Hep me not to talk like I do."



2 comments:

  1. Thx for the prayers. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, as I had to do this week-was walk away from a bully.
    Yes, I let them know-they couldn't bully me. Long term sobriety doesn't always equal emotional maturity.

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!