Friday, April 15, 2011

GLAD REUNION DAY

CALIFORNIA POPPY
ST. YNEZ
PHOTO: BILL McIVER

"But what about our past and the things we have still not really accepted; wounds that have not healed but, on the contrary, have become infected? Sometimes an unpleasant word from someone or an insignificant event in our lives brings forth a totally disproportionate reaction, which shocks not only those around us but even ourselves? Was it not perhaps an old wound that was laid bare?"...

--Wilfrid Stinissen, from Into Your Hands, Father

It is here, in the pieces of my shame, that I find myself.
--Rilke

From Timothy A. Brown of Hampton, New Hampshire:
"Could you let me know if you still have the court record when we were officially divorced?"


THE WEATHERFORD QUARTET: GLAD REUNION DAY
7. Who knew white people could sing gospel?

4 comments:

  1. You always find such wonderful pieces, Heather! Thank you.

    Prayers for a blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with jp! Thanks Heather!

    And, for another rare treat of white people singing gospel, there's Alison Krause & the Cox Family...They have a CD called: "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"...and they sing some gorgeous tunes!

    Take Care & God Bless!

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather--You are a blessing to all. Thanks for all the pieces, but especially the one by Cardinal Newman, it always moves me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jason, Sophia, and Sue--I am an Alison Krauss (and Cox Family) fan from way back...wishing you all a blessed, holy Holy Week...

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!